Interested persons should apply by email to the Club President Ruth Noel at Ruth.firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls please. details follow:-
Closing Date for Applications is July 30, 2014
– Liaison with skaters & coaches with information to the program. (10 week Fall CanSkate, 10 week winter CanSkate) Schedule to be set by Club Board of Directors.
– Being present at all sessions to deal with queries, handle questions for upcoming sessions. If unable to be present, ensuring that an appropriate substitute is available – and the Club President is informed.
– Preparation and distribution of notices regarding cancellation or schedule changes
– Provision of information regarding scheduling and cancellations to the administrator & web master
– Purchase Program supplies(within an approved budget)
– Reporting on program numbers and registration to the executive
– Preparation of advertising material if required
– Orientation of parents of skaters possibly entering a new program
– Report to the Board the number of coaches required for sessions, if applicable
– Registration forms & payment are to made during business hours to the Administrator only.
– Obtain list of registered skaters for your program from the Administrator – ensure all skaters on session are on this list.
– Work with the Administrator to ensure all skaters have paid and they have been registered with Skate Canada
– Be present at open registration sessions to answer questions
– Assisting with pre-registration
– Chairing the Program Committee; this committee should meet prior to the opening of the year, mid-session, and between sessions
– keeping records of skaters’ progress updated with Skate Canada
– Attending regular management meetings
– Arranging, and if qualified, conducting parent information sessions
– If necessary, working with Program Assistant coordinator to ensure PA support, PA training.
– Arranging “special” Program sessions (Skate with Santa etc., pj day etc.)
– Providing information and distributing pertinent forms relating to ice shows etc. to skaters
– collection of forms and fees for ice-show participation should be paid to the club administrator only,
• Computer literate (or demonstrate the ability and willingness to learn)
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills; it is vital that tact respect and restraint be used in dealing with volunteers; and that relationships with other paid staff (coaches) be kept on a professional level
• Ability to work with minimum supervision
• Knowledge of Skate Canada Skating Programs
• Flexibility to work at different locations at irregular times